Don’t worry, the title isn’t a reference to an ill fated television block. Just mostly the fact that we’ve been covering a lot of manga recently. (Still will). So let’s get some anime for the system for your morning start.
- Why not start with Oreimo? Because lots of people had opinions on that show. TWWK takes a bit of a different spin on the last 3 episodes, and some of the stuff he found problematic…aside from the incest part.
- Emperor J takes a look at it culturally, and ties into how anime has been/is perceived in general.
- I’ve been saying I’d get started on Yamato 2199 soon. Honest. Scamp and Shinmaru reminded me that I need to get started on that.
- How dare there be a hint of Dragonball Z in Symphogear G? How dare an anime series be better than its first season? Oh wait…
- This post kind of reminded me why I never felt compelled to forum. Best decision ever (Lies)
- The differing opinions between Whitney and Crystal on Time of Eve is jarring…ly entertaining!
- But, but, I like random outbursts in my anime (sometimes), Muse, so I consider your opinion on Yuyushiki to be invalid!…Maybe.
- Marow is starting an “Anime I Love” project. Surely, this is going to end poorly. Or be the best thing ever.
- See? It’s your fault anime is dying! And it’s your fault, and your fault, and your fault…
- Yumeka takes a bit of time examining anime criticism.
- A look at simulcast anime and a comparison to how certain places, transit, and culture in said anime are just like Japan? Now that’s interesting to me!
- Finally, I don’t know if Richard is crazy for listing 100 things he’s learned about Japan from anime, or if he’s a hero for listing 100 things he’s learned about Japan from anime. There’s a medium in there somewhere!
Amusing Tweets For You
Otakon 2013: Shingo Adachi and Tetsuya Kawakami http://t.co/ukL8iP3QHc
— life sexy detective (@narutakiRT) August 22, 2013
— anidotme (@anidotme) August 22, 2013
— Scamp (@5camp) August 22, 2013
— Muse (@subduedfangirl) August 23, 2013
AnimeNation Anime News Blog » Ask John: What Missteps Have Set Back Anime in America the Most? http://t.co/DBH2Ufbfxa
— Tony Yao (@MangaTherapy) August 23, 2013
I should have not watched the extra 3 episodes of #OreImo2. @.@
— Hoshiko (@y_hoshiko) August 24, 2013
@y_hoshiko It's alright, I'm pretty sure there's an Aniblogger Support Group set up after so many people were struck with it.
— Yerocha (@Yerocha) August 24, 2013
Latest posts by Justin (see all)
- From Interning At Tezuka Productions To Editing Manga For Viz - July 27, 2015
- Reference Resource Mondays: This’ll Be Over Quick - July 27, 2015
- Anime Expo 2015 Interview: Tiffany Chen on AX Planning, Premium/Premium+, & Simulcasts - July 24, 2015
- Anime Expo 2015 Interview: Kurt Hassler on Challenging Preconceptions - July 22, 2015
- Localizers Sound Off About Digital Manga’s Payment System - July 20, 2015