Time to go wrap Urasawa MMF Feast up!
- Our final two posts on Urasawa happen to talk about two works that showed him in his early days and one of his more popular manga works. The first is Yawara, and while the manga never hit U.S shores, it’s anime did. Too bad there’s not a lot of copies available of it. However, Sweetpea ended up covering some of the episodes of Yawara on the site.
- The other naturally happens to be about Monster. We ended up talking a lot about what Urasawa tried to convey, a talk about Eva, and a bunch of other stuff that somehow didn’t include the ending. Yes, there was a lot to talk about in Monster!
- Over at Manga Xanadu, Lori ends up covering Volume 1 of 21th Century Boys, which basically picks up right where the last volume of 20th Century Boys picks up.
- Finally, over at Manga Village, a number of reviewers talk about Urasawa’s 20th Century Boys and Pluto. It’s always debatable whether or not Urasawa’s stories might be going in the right direction, but it’s also clear they provide some punch that makes his works a must read.
So ok, I guess this concludes Naoki Urasawa Manga Movable Feast. I actually will still take submissions (will just add them to the archive), but that is a wrap. So first of all, a major thank you to Manjiorin, Sweetpea, and AnimeEmily for helping me out in terms of planning content and what to write for the feast. Needless to say, that was a lot of work, and I’m not sure I can thank them enough for their help! Second, thanks to those who were able to share why they liked Urasawa’s works (or didn’t like it!), they were some fairly good reads. Lastly, my hope is that you guys ended up learning a little bit more about Urasawa than you did coming into Manga Movable Feast, and I also hope that means you’ll be willing to check out some of works when you get a chance.
So that concludes this month’s Manga Movable Feast! Hope you all will check out next month’s feast involving Historical Manga, hosted by Khursten of Otaku Champloo.
Latest posts by Justin (see all)
- Reference Resource Mondays: Changing Of The Guard - September 29, 2014
- About Anime Extended - September 26, 2014
- 5 x 5 x 5: 5 Fall 2014 Anime To Watch, Keep An Eye On, and Avoid - September 26, 2014
- Hunter x Hunter (2011) Anime Review - September 25, 2014
- Notes of Great Teacher Onizuka 2014 Episode 11 + Series Review - September 23, 2014