So, I guess this the informal version of Reference Resource Mondays, since I guess I’ll mostly be talking a bit and also leaving a poll for your pleasure. Last week was actually the 50th edition of RRM. I thought about doing something a bit special since it was #50, but in the end, chose not to. Maybe when I get to the 100th…yeah, that’s a long ways from now. Besides, it’s again just me being mostly lazy. And a product of following too many blogs.
Now continuing the informalness, I want to talk a bit about the two new writers that has already gotten some posts up on our site in AwesomeCurry and Trollkastel. Let’s just say you wanna talk RPGs and VNs, you need to talk to AwesomeCurry. She’s already written of couple of posts on a few titles, so go check’em out if you need your fix. For Trollkastel, we don’t get along at all. I mean I hate him and he hates me. So I know he clearly applied for the music reviewer job to spite me, knowing that since his writing style is good, I would accept him anyways. Of course, none of his information’s on the site yet, and I have yet to tell him some top secret info…yeah, I said I’d tell him today, so he’ll get it soon enough. (In all seriousness, go check out his attempts at satire on Commando In Anime. And follow his music reviews on OASG!)
Now, enough informality…what’s up with this week’s Reference Resource Monday:
- And this week, we wish goodbye to the Trzr, who decided to hang it up and leave the aniblogging world.
- The best dub of all time goes to…to….wait, NOT THAT SHOW!!!
- Zzeroparticle reviews the Gin-Iro: Kami No Agito soundtrack.
- Bryan asks: why do most people end up watching stereotypical anime?
- Sweetpea reviews one of Satoshi Kon’s many critically acclaimed films, Perfect Blue.
- I include this only because it has something to do with Tenchi…and Avenue Q (Ok, I lol’d a little bit)
- Sarah has her Top Five Anime of 2012 so far. Wait, wait, HOW DID THAT MAKE IT (
- Kevo lists eight really accomplished anime staffers…and the work that they’d rather forget.
You know it’s bad when Garzey’s Wing and Boku No Pico make the list
- I’ll be listing as many of the Summer Previews from everyone when I can. But if it’s really short or devoted to one show, I’ll probably list it here. One example is Feal, as he talks about Sword Art Online.
- Finally, anyone remember Symphogear? The show that was a cross between hilariously bad but still watchable? Muse provides some final thoughts on the show.